Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lyneen's Creative Paperclay® Quick Tip for July!


 My Creative Paperclay®
 Quick Tip of the Month
  Prepping your project before painting. 



When you use molds like this one from Articus Studios™ or cut your paperclay with cookie cutters it is impossible to always have a clean edge. 


The images above and below were cut out with mini cookie cutters you can the rough edges around them. 


Here are a few of my favorite tools I use to clean up the edges.  The tools with the pink handles were made by Basic Grey several years ago.  I love the files, one is round and the others all have a little different shape. You can find files similar to these at the hardware store. One of my favorites to use are emery boards from the dollar store. Last, sand paper for bigger projects. Sand Paper can be torn or cut into smaller more manageable pieces. 


Most of the time I use a emery board, the files are for the hard to get to places.


Once you have cleaned up the edges of your paperclay peices you are ready to paint them.  For a good part of my projects I use Sakura Crystal Lacquer mixed with Terri Sproul Mixers.

Get crafty and work your Creative Paperclay®!

No comments: