Monday, April 13, 2015

Shari's Tip of the Month

Good Morning!

 Today I am coming to you with 2 tips!

I am working on a project that I wanted to have detailed funky flowers. I tried stamping into clay but it wasn't giving me the image I wanted.

 I wandered into the baking isle at Hobby Lobby® to find exactly what I needed. These fondant flower punches were exactly what I was looking for.



 I loved the way these flowers turned out but they really needed some cleaning up. Regular sandpaper would be difficult to use to clean these delicate beauties and still keep the detail. I turned to a product we were recently given to try out.




Sandits® worked amazingly well!!  http://shop.sandits.com/
They gave me all the control I needed. It was easy to see what I was sanding because of it's design. There are several shapes and sanding grits you can choose from to adapt to all your needs. It gets into those small spaces that you would have struggled with before. I am sold!





















I am always on the lookout for new tools I can use with Creative Paperclay®. Use your imagination and think outside the box.

Thank you for stopping by. I would love know if you have found an unexpected tool or a new find that works great for you.

Shari

I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland, Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on creating mixed media art. In addition to being on the Creative Paperclay design team, I am a contributor for the Robin's Nest Design Team, an article writer for Mixed Media Art, and a blogger for DecoArt.
I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and enjoy helping and watching others discover their creativity. 

Follow more of my creative life at My Altered Life's blog page and My Altered Life on FB

1 comment:

Annmakes said...

Ooh, thx for the tip. I recently got some of those in bird form in a clearance, but I haven't used them yet. And yes they are in my craft room NOT my kitchen hahaha.