Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Joining Clay Pieces - Tori's Tip for November

This month I'm going to share a tip with you for making the perfect invisible seam when you need to join two pieces of clay together.  This comes in handy when you are covering an object (as I'll be doing for next month's project ;) ) or trying to make a smooth finish with rolled out clay.


Here are the two pieces of clay to be joined - overlap them where you want the seam

Cut at an angle through both pieces of clay

Remove the extra pieces of clay from each side
dip finger or brush in water and dampen the edges to be joined

Gently press the two sides back together and smooth the seam
by rubbing back and forth with a damp finger.


Thanks for joining me here again, and I'll see you next month!


I'd love for you to join me for more projects & art adventures on my personal blog
Find me on Facebook, or peruse & ponder pics with me on Pinterest

1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

will remember the angle cut!