Friday, November 24, 2017

Bejeweled Creative Paperclay® Painting


I have been working on a series of 48" x 48" paintings using Creative Paperclay® as part of my narrative. This piece is in its early stages and is just blocked in at this point. I loved combining the old with new in my work so I started with a traditional pose from the 1500's combined with highly decorated clay hearts.

SUPPLIES
Creative Paperclay®
Silicone mold
Found objects
Acrylic paint
Amazing Molding Putty
E6000 glue
Soft gel gloss





I started by casting a series of hearts. The mold was made from my collection of milagros and exvotos using Amazing Molding Putty.

While this was drying I gathered beads, found objects and E6000 glue.

The dried hearts were attached to my painting with soft gel gloss. BTW I work on wood panels.













People leave me bags of broken jewelry and other goodies at my door step. Last week I received three bags from three different people. It is like Christmas when I get these.

At a thrift door the last week, I found large bags of broken jewelry and odds and ends for a cheap price and I didn't pick them up. When I went back they were gone. Still kicking myself. 

This piece has faux pearls from the 30's, old bracelet and small charm.










I definitely have a baroque heart in this body that keeps trying to come out. Decorated with faux pearl, salt water pears, micro beads and vintage broach.




















Old beaded necklace, broach and some mica flakes finished off this heart.

The finished piece will be posted on my facebook page when done - https://www.facebook.com/darleneoliviamcelroy

Dream in Color and throw nothing out.

Darlene Olivia McElroy

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Great project! These will be a big hit, I'm sure of it!