Friday, June 28, 2019

How to Create a Hanging Set of Earrings




Hello everyone! My name is Cinnamon Willis and I am going to walk you through the steps on how I created this set of earrings.

Supplies:
Creative Paperclay®
Parchment paper
Earring fish hooks
Sand paper
Acrylic paint
Sealer, Varnish

I had these lovely round earrings and after loosing one, I have found it hard to find a similar replacement. I decided to use this one as a guide to help me get the right shape for the earrings that I planned on making. 




I start out by rolling out the parchment paper and flattening out the clay over it.  You can use a rolling pin here to flatten out the clay but I used a metal scraper since I had one lying around.





When the clay was flat enough, I pressed the earring into it and traced the shape with the end of the scrapper. 





After getting the shape right for the earrings, I poked a hole where I want the hook to go before the clay dried.





Set the earrings aside to dry but put a book or something with a little bit of weight on top to prevent them from warping during the drying process.




 
When the earrings dry,  sand them down to the smoothness that you would like them to be.





Use acrylic paint to color the earrings to whatever color you would like. Spray them with a varnish to prevent paint from chipping.





Take the fish hooks and attach them to the holes that was previously made in the earring.







Now these lovely earrings are ready to wear!



Thank you all once again for stopping by, and I hope that you enjoyed today's tutorial! You can find Creative Paperclay® at the following retailers Creative Paperclay® Online Store, Michael'sAmazon, Joann's.


See more of my work at Melandolly.com and be sure to catch updates on my Instagram page!