Friday, March 25, 2022

Make a DIY Table Card Holder



Hello everyone, Cinnamon here and I am going to show you how I created this table card holder. This holder was inspired by the character from the Japanese brand Comme des Garçons. I fell in love with it and I finally got my hands on a pair of sneakers by the brand. Keep reading to see how this was created!

(Comme des Garçons character)

Supplies:

  • Creative Paperclay®
  • Pliers
  • Wire 
  • Small wooden disc
  • Tool or drill to  put a hole in the wood
  • Masking tape






Take your wire and begin to shape it to the length you would like your table card holder to be with your pliers. 





Create a loop at the top and go around two times. You want to make sure that a piece of paper will hold up and not fall through. Test your loop with paper as you go to make sure that it actually woks.




After you create your loops at the top, create a notch going across the middle so that you have a place to put your heart. This notch is what will keep your heart from sliding out of place on the pole later after it dries.




Cover your notch in the middle with masking tape so that you will have a foundation for your heart.






Cover the masking tape with a layer of clay. Begin creating the shape of the heart, it doesn't have to be perfect at this stage. When you are satisfied, put the piece aside to revist after it dries.



Now it is time to finesse the shape of the character. With the inner layer of the piece dry, you can now put another coat of clay on top of it for the final shaping of the piece. When you are satisfied with the shape, set the piece aside to dry.






After letting the piece dry, I am now getting ready to draw the eyes. I start by drawing a dot for the placement of the eyes from start to finish.  






Draw the eyes when the dots seem to line up at the starting point on the bottom and the end points on the top.





Start painting your piece when you are happy with the placement of the eyes.






I went over the eyes in red by mistake, I am correcting that in the second photo above with white paint.





Take your black paint and paint in the pupils. I dabbed the paint on in a playful way to match the look of the character. Set the piece aside to dry.





Take your wood and drill in the hole for the holder to go down into. I am using a clay tool but you can use what ever you have available to you.






I am cutting down my wire to the height that I would like my holder to stand. In the second photo I am putting the wire in place. You can use glue here to make sure that the wire stays in place with the wood



Here is the final piece in action with my sneakers that have the character in the background!

Thank you all once again for stopping by, and I hope that you enjoyed 
today's tutorial! You can find Creative Paperclay® at the following 

See more of my work at Melandolly.com, catch updates on 
my Instagram page and here is a link to my shop!


.  

No comments: