Friday, April 22, 2022

How to create a Cute Original Character out of Paperclay



Hello everyone! My name is Cinnamon Willis and I am going to show you how I created this character!


Supplies:

Creative Paperclay®
Skewer
Pencil
Plastic knife or flat clay tool
Acrylic paint
Sanding paper
Protective varnish or clear coat covering





Start by shaping your clay into rectangular shapes. Use a plastic knife if you need to get clean flat edges.




When you are happy with the shapes that you created for the head and torso take a skewer and push it through the center of the two as in the first photo. 






Take your skewer and run it through the parts where you plan to connect your limbs. When you are happy with where the limbs will connect, take your piece and set it aside to dry.





I am creating a heart to attach to the character. Take some water and dab it on to the torso to help attach the new piece to it.




After setting the piece to dry, I am cutting into the pieces of the character that I want to carve out. I want him to almost look like a paper lunch bag came to life.





Take your sandpaper and smooth out the pieces that you would like to have smooth. If you have a piece of the skewer sticking out from the top, you can cut it with a pair of pliers.






I decided to use buttons for eyes. I put thread in the middle so that they look like they belong on the clothes





I am painting some of my pieces with acrylic paint. Be sure to use your sealant.






I am using some probond advance glue to glue the eyes on. I also use it to glue the wire for the joints in place.




And here he is all done! Don't forget to seal your work with protective varnish! 


Thank you all once again for stopping by, and I hope that you enjoyed today's tutorial! You can find Creative Paperclay® at the following retailers Creative Paperclay® Online Store, Michael's, Amazon, Joann's.


See more of my work at Melandolly.com, catch updates on 

my Instagram page and here is a link to my shop!



No comments: