Saturday, January 27, 2024

It's All About the Story

 Sometime simple is the best way to tell a story and, let's face it, all art tells a story. I just finished a big painting and had just enough time to do a small piece before I took off on vacation.

SUPPLIES

Creative Paperclay®
Waterslide Decal
Rust Metal Object
Wings
Fake Flower
Hand cut paper



I started by collaging old book pages with aged edges on my panel. Then I cast a man with Creative Paperclay®, letting it dry on the panel. Next, I gather collage elements and added the waterslide decal wings to the piece.







I wanted this piece to be about balance so the rusty metal ring was added.









After adding more collage details, I finished off the sides with a diamond pattern. This way it doesn't need to be framed.  I love doing these small simple pieces as it keeps me flexible and I never where it will lead me on my large pieces of art.

Dream in Color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy

darleneoliviamcelroy.com




No comments: