Thursday, October 20, 2011

How to Make 130 Creative Paperclay® Apple Ornaments

It is hard to believe it has been 6 months, this is my last project for the first Creative Paperclay® Design Team.  I wanted to go out with a bang; so I decided that to make 130 apple ornaments for my daughter's school for the faculty and staff for Teacher Appreciation Day.  I am not going to lie this took me a while to do I have been working on them for over 2 weeks.  I would recommend having "help" painting them opposed to doing everything yourself.  Keep in mind this can be used with ANY cookie cutter, I chose an apple for obvious reasons.

 I decicated on of my shows to making apples:


Materials:
7 - 8oz packs of Creative Paperclay® Modeling Material
Apple Cookie Cutter
Fondant Roller
1/2" Circle Cutter
Exacto Knife
Sand Paper
Slip (Dried Paperclay and water)
1/16" Paper Punch
Sculpture Tool
PLAID Apple Barrels Paints ( 20401 Bright Red, 20521 Nutmeg Brown, 20584 Lemon Chiffon, 20754 Hunter Green and Folk Art 954 Fresh Foliage)
Brushes
6715 - Kathy Davis Collection Stamp by Inkadinkadoo Inc.
Staz On - Blazing Red Ink Pad
White Card Stock
1.  Take clay and roll it out with fondant roller to a uniform thickness.  Using the cookie cutter cut out apples (repeat as many times as neccessary until desired number has been reached.)


2 Allow to dry for 24 hours.  Sand the apple to desired smoothness.  Take hole punch and punch a hole in the stem. 



3.  Take more clay, roll out clay, cut circles out and cut the circle in half.  Pinch one end of the leaf and fold.  Allow to dry.


4.  Take leaf and apply with slip onto the apple.  Allow to dry.  Stamp the tags for the ornaments.




5.  Paint apples, seal, add tag and ribbon.  Give to an amazing teacher or staff member.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...that was a lot of work but they turned out beautiful. I just love watching your videos. You did a fabulous job with the entire ornament and adding the "leaves" was great.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Lyneen said...

OH MY GOSH! You did give your self an amazing challenge... they are so cute!!!