Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Crown fit for a Princess!


I am so fascinated by Fascinators!!!  Since the Royal Couple are celebrating their first anniversary I thought it would be appropriate to create my own CROWN! This crown would be perfect for a "princess" party! ONLY IN PINK!
I took about a quarter of the Creative Paperclay® from the bag and worked it a little.  Then by hand I spread the clay out on transparencies.  Once it was pretty thin I used the rolling pin and shims to get a smooth surface on the Creative  Paperclay® to work on.  About an 1/8 of an inch. Making sure it is long enough for the pattern. 
The crown is pattern I cut measuring 11 inches in length.  Lay it on the Creative Paperclay® with a cutting tool carefully cut around the edge of the pattern.    
Randomly stamp the crown with swirls gently to give the crown some decorative dimension. This set of stamps are from Viva Las Vegastamps! Swirl Plate# 1333

With a little water create  slip on the two edges of the crown that need to be joined. Gently work the Paperclay® together at the seam. To help keep the round base I set a cup in the middle of the crown while it dried.  Let it dry overnight, up to 48 hours depending on humididty.

Mix Sakura Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers - Gold then paint the crown set aside to dry about a half an hour then give it a second layer!  While the lacquer is still wet lightly sprinkle with Terri Sprouls Gold Glitz Vintage Glass Particles.  Add a few Robins Nest Dew Drops and a large gem on the highest rise of the crown. 
You can see how small the crown is in my hand.  This will be attached to a headband ready for any "princess" to wear!