We all could use a little inspiration from time to time to stir the creativity from within. I created this set of paint brush muses to help me out.
Here's how I made these fun little muses out of used paintbrushes, acrylic paint, and Creative Paperclay®.
Paintbrushes for muses
Multiple colors of acrylic paint
Clay carving tolls
Clay sanding tools
Matt acrylic sealer
1. Take a ball of clay large enough to fit on the flat of the brush just below the bristles.You are making your face on the brush.
2. Form the shape of a face. Now you can carve the details of your face into the clay, make 3-d facial features, or paint the facial features on.
3. Remove your face from the brush using a pallet knife slipped gently between the clay and the brush.
4. Lay flat to dry or dry in a 180 oven till the clay turns white.
5. Sand your faces.
6. Paint your brushes and clay faces with gesso.
7. Use tacky glue to adhere the faces to the brushes and let dry.
8. Here's where the real fun begins! Use any colors or patterns on your muses. Let your muse's personality form with each addition of paint. Finish with a matt sealer when your paint is dry.
I hope my muses inspired you to make your own creative posse. Thank you for visiting!