Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Cindy's June tip for saving money.....

Hi everyone, and welcome.

 Today I am sharing my June tip/technique. I have a quick tip to help save you some money (we can all use that right?) and have some creative fun at the same time.

This is an idea I came up with while looking to get myself some smaller tools to sculpt with. To start I did what most of us do right - I went to google, lol... I found many people making their own tools, but out of aluminium and brass tubing.  This didn't seem economical enough for me, so I decided to create my own from a few household items and paperclay...

Supplies:
Large paperclips
Small paperclip
Sewing Pins


Directions:

I began with my Creative Paperclay® and some basic household items.... some sewing pins and oversized paperclips...

 I removed the heads from the pins and then bent the ends slightly.... this is to ensure that they don't pull out of the formed clay handle once dry....

I applied clay both underneath the row of pins and then on top of the pins

 I kept adding clay and smoothing it out until I was happy with the size and shape, and set it aside to dry...

 Next I began with one of the large paperclips, opened it out, and left the curves of the paperclip in tack...

 I embedded the paperclip into a lump of clay...

smoothed the clay around the paperclip, and again set aside to dry...

 For my final tool, I used some jewellery pliers to make smaller loops from my paperclip...

 I again embedded the shaped paperclip into a lump of clay...

 and smoothed the clay around to form the handle....

Once again I set it aside to dry...

Once the clay was dry I grabbed out my Silks Acrylic Glazes and painted my new tools... Naturally I chose two of my favourite colours, Spiced Pumpkin and Rich Cobalt...


 So with a very small amount of of Creative Paperclay® and some basic household items I have four new tools to start creating with and I can't wait to get started.... look out for my next Creative Paperclay® blogpost where I will make use of my new tools.


thank you for stopping by and joining me here today

Till next time
Happy Creating

Cindy Porter










1 comment:

Patti Krauss said...

Cool - looking forward to seeing how you use these!