Monday, August 27, 2018

Are You Ready To Get Started On Your Christmas Decor?






I love the Christmas Season and I love Angels so as I was thinking of things to make for the upcoming holidays I thought of this little goofy angel who isn't perfect or isn't he?

Supplies Needed For This Project:

Acrylic Paints
Wire for halo
Glue for loose parts



I started out by using my Paperclay to form the different pieces of the angel and attaching them together with the Paperclay itself. If you work up the area that you have made and also the piece you are attaching with a dab of water, when you put them together they should form a good bond. If you haven't done it properly and your pieces come apart after it dries then just use some glue to put them back together again. 

After I got all the pieces put together, I fashioned a halo out of wire. I poked it into the head of the angel and then took it out, put some glue on it and reinserted it into the angel's head.
I then started painting the little guy with acrylic paints.


After the angel was finished I painted the robe and wings with Plaid Glitterific and it gave the little angel a wonderful sparkle about him.


And there you have it! I think I'm going to make a whole Angel Choir of them in different sizes! I think they would make a terrific bit of decor for Christmas don't you? I think this guy is so quirky he's cute. If you are interested in trying out some Creative Paperclay go on over to their website  at 
www.creativepaperclay.com and check out their wonderful products. Plaid Glitterific is one of the newest products that Plaid has put out this year and is a wonderful product. It comes in several different colors of glitter and what's so neat about it is the glitter is actually imbedded in the acrylic suspension. Check the Glitterific and all the many other products that Plaid has to offer at: www.plaidonline.com. These are both wonderful companies with products that we all want to have. Please leave me a comment below to let me know what you think of this project.
Thanks!
Barbara

3 comments:

Happy Crocheter said...

These are so neat. I love seeing all your creations, Barbara.

Unknown said...

Cute!

Melandolly said...

He is adorable, I love his little mouth!