Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Bulletin Board - Delight Style



Hello everyone, long time no see, and for that I apologize!  I hope this project is something you can have fun with - and customize to what YOU want, like I did this one!!!!  I went to Target the other day - and found a plain ole' bulletin board - and instantly knew I had to alter it!  This is what I ended up with, pleased I am!
I wanted something that I could stick a picture on the bottom and be able to frame it when I needed to...or put a pen for the notepad that is next to this!  I wanted to be able to look at something pretty, and have elements that simply was made for a "reason"!   The picture, is something I want to frame, so I simply placed it here, and can be easily exchanged!  Lets get started, shall we!    

Supplies needed for this project:
  1. 2 bricks of Delight Modeling compound
  2. Flower molds
  3. Paint of your choice (My paint of choice is Twinkling H2O's)
  4. Bling of your choice (I used gold and pink adhesive gems)
  5. Black and white floss (or your choice)
  6. Stamped clay butterfly (or your choice of whatever)
  7. Of course - the bulletin board purchased from Target 

I started with the braid around the top edge of the bulletin board!  To achieve this:


Step one:  Using a brick of delight, take your ruler, and cut the whole length of the brick.   Roll this piece out as long as you can.  You need 2 of these pieces to braid.
Step two:  Start at the top and braid the top part of the board, and then start to do the sides.  Using my glue gun - as it dried, I made sure to put plenty of glue on the outside edge.


Step three:  From the rolled out piece, you want to roll out a really small piece.  If you look at the leaf, you will see what I am saying!  You will need a few small pieces - one or two leave flat and let them dry!
Step four:   After you roll a small piece out - take a paint brush (or something like it) and wrap it around the brush like the picture below!  Let it dry before you take it off the paint brush.     

Step five:  Unless you have flowers already molded (like I do - for this exact reason) - then you will need to mold your flowers and allow them to dry.
Step six:  For the bottom part - you will want to find chipboard of some sort, and cut the pieces you will need for the bottom of your board.  For me, I wanted a shelf to add pictures or even put a pen for notes!   (see below)

Step seven:  Taking flattened Delight - you will start to cover the side pieces,  and then the bottom piece.  I put the Delight on both sides of the chipboard side pieces first.  Let the sides dry first before you do the bottom.  Lay the board flat when you dry this piece.
**TIP - lesson learned on my side, I would only do the front piece with the Delight and not the inside of this piece. 


Step eight:  Once the flowers are dried, start to paint them.  I used to use Radiant Pearls paints and loved them!!!!  I recently found out our Twinkling H2O's are THE SAME THING and happy girl am I!!!!  Paint your flowers (or molded shape) what you want, and put them aside!  Also paint the butterfly (or whatever shape) to put in the top right corner.   My butterfly was for a special person who is gone!


Step nine:  Start to add your flowers and bling in a manor that is attractive to YOU.  Add the floss bow at the right corner for the butterfly to go on.  Add the curl's made in step 4, in random places by the flowers.
Step ten:  Add the bling around the flowers or where ever you want on the board.  I started with the flower on the right middle (white flower) - because I knew I wanted the butterfly at the top right by the bow.
 Step eleven:  Once the bottom part is dried, start to add your painted flowers (or whatever you chose) and leaves to that piece.  The rest of the flowers you paint, can be randomly placed around the rest of what you have already done.  If you look at the picture above - and then the picture at the top, you can see how the rest was filled in!

I love how the whole thing turned out, looks wonderful hanging on my wall!  The push pins are being started on, another blog post on my Memories in Tyme blog when it IS done, until then - have fun making your own bulletin board!  Plenty of paper crafts, creative challenges, and Christmas challenges on the blog!  I hope you join me there too!  Until next month!

Lynda Jeffs
Creative Paperclay Design Team
   

No comments: