Saturday, February 23, 2019

Creative Paperclay® Tea Party

I like to push my art skills and what I can do with different techniques. And, of course, as a mixed media artist I have to glue something dimensional onto my pieces.

In this lesson I am going to create an abstracted still life with Creative Paperclay® and image transfers.

SUPPLIES

Creative Paperclay®
Toner image (lase/xerox) (reverse image)
Chartpak Admarker colorless blender
Acrylic paint
Button & rhinestones
Wood panel or canvas
Lace





I started with a light tan wash on my surface then added the Creative Paperclay® that I had cut into shapes and embedded a lace design into the tea pot and cups. I let the clay dry overnight.



















Make sure your toner image is reversed because you will be flipping face down on your surface. Then rub the Chartpak colorless blender over it and burnish it immediately. Repeat. You will want to do small areas at a time and repeat the process several time until you get a good transfer.

Note: The transfer was done on unsealed clay.













Depending on the look you are going for, you can either leave the soft transfer look or paint on top of the transfer for a more finished look.

Using a Molotov pain pen, I added the white marks then collaged painted paper, rhinestones and an old civil war button to the piece.

Dream in Color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy

See more of my work on Instagram and DarleneOliviaMcElroy.com.


No comments: