Monday, February 25, 2019

Working on an Easter Egg Bowl with Creative Paperclay




Easter is just around the corner so I thought I would start coming up with some things to decorate the house.

Supplies needed for this project:
Fresh Foliage Green Enamel
Lemon Custard Yellow Enamel
Aqua Enamel
Raspberry Enamel
Gold Enamel
Brushes
Stamp (I used a new one designed by Ann Butler)
Powder or cornstarch



I like to use baby powder when I'm working with Creative Paperclay and this project was no exception. I powdered up my bowls as I did use two. I found after rolling out the clay for the first big bowl that I had some extra clay left over and decided to use it for a smaller bowl.

After I rolled out the Creative Paperclay and applied some powder to the stamp, I stamped out the pattern that was all swirls. I just loved this stamp! I draped the Creative Paperclay  over the bowl that I was using and used a sharp knife to trim off all of the excess. I repeated the process for the smaller bowl and used up all the Creative Paperclay  from the package that I had opened. I had to let the bowls dry for a couple of days to get them good and dry. Once they were dry I painted them different colors on the inside and outside with the Plaid Paints


For the larger Creative Paperclay bowl I used the Plaid Aqua Enamel on the outside and the Plaid Raspberry Enamel on the inside. On the smaller Creative Paperclay bowl I used Fresh Foliage Green Enamel on the outside and Lemon Custard Enamel on the inside of the bowl. I painted the rims of both Creative Paperclay bowls with the Plaid Gold Enamel.


You can still see the pretty swirls in both of the Creative Paperclay bowls from pressing the stamp into the clay while it was wet.


I really like how the Gold Enamel set off the edges of the bowls and made the colors pop. The colors really looked good for the Easter Holiday.
I happened to be at the Florida Gourd Show this past weekend and used one of the other vendors dyed egg gourds to place in the Creative Paperclay bowls that I had made. Looks pretty good doesn't it? Now I know that the bowls would look good with dyed eggs or candy eggs. 

If you haven't tried out Creative Paperclay yet you are missing out on a great opportunity. Go on over and check out the Creative Paperclay website at: www.creativepaperclay.com They have a lot of projects over there in addition to the Creative Paperclay that you can purchase.

You can also leave me a comment here on the blog. I read everyone of them, thank you.

Barbara


1 comment: