Friday, November 22, 2019

Holiday Gnome

Holiday Gnome

This is a simple fun piece...
you can paint it whatever colors you like...makes a great Santa in reds



Supplies needed:

creative paperclay
paper mache Christmas tree cone
craft glue
rolling utensil
marking tool ( i use a needle or knife)
pencil
paint brushes
paper
makeup sponge


I use DecoArt 

gesso

Paints:
Driftwood
Hi-lite flsesh
Asphaltum
white

Staining Antique Medium
Oak Gel Stain





You can adapt to any size


I cut a circle out of paper 


trace circle on cone


I then mark off a hat of sorts 





Gesso hat white and body black
really just helps me with placement


roll out paperclay about 1/8" thick


I trimmed it to clean up edges


added glue


Placed on the face


Rolled out more clay pieces
added glue and placed on the face



with a needle i added marking of hair lines


added more bits and a mustache 




Make a ball and glue above mustache
I used the end of paint brush to make nose holes but you can leave them off 


roll a 1/2" snake 



it will be glued above nose all the way around hat


I use a stiff brush to make fur texture on the snake


let dry




I gessoed the beard, nose and fur of hat
let dry


paint nose 


paint body






 i mix a dab of paint with the staining medium




Paint on beard



using a makeup sponge i dab white paint over the staining medium



using gel stain i shade hat and around the beard


I made a bow and added a bell to top of hat
hope you enjoy 












1 comment:

Melandolly said...

I adore this!Love the finish on it.