Monday, November 4, 2019

Making Armatures for Your Sculptures


Hello, welcome to another post! Today I am going to talk to you about the insides of your sculpture otherwise known as the armature. To sum it up, the armature is the skeleton of your sculpture, the “bones” that support the actual body of the sculpture. An armature is needed when working with air-dry clays. It can be anything from a bottle to the cardboard tube that comes on a toilet roll or paper towel. I recently did a show on Armatures that can be used with Creative Paperclay®. I have included the video below. I go over the sculptures that I have made and what I have used as armatures.
For those of you interested in sculpting, I host a show called Clay Talk on Facebook live the first Thursday in every month. It is on the Creative Paperclay Modeling Material Facebook page. If you miss the live show don’t worry. I will be posting the videos here. Below is the show on armatures.


I hope this was helpful. If you have any questions just ask away in the comment section below. You can also learn a lot on the Creative Paperclay Q & A Group on Facebook. Don’t forget to join the live show on the 1st Thursday of every month.  This month another design team member, Gloriann Irizarry, will be hosting the show and will share with you how to make jewelry with Creative Paperclay®. Don't miss this one, you could make great presents! Mark your calendars - November 7th at 8pm EST



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

LaLa said...

Very informative tutorial, Suzette! I will share this on my social media platforms. It's especially good for beginners who may not realize that so many every day items make excellent armature! I also hoarde everything to use in my artwork!

LaLa said...

Very informative tutorial, Suzette! I will share this on my social media platforms. It's especially good for beginners who may not realize that so many every day items make excellent armature! I also hoarde everything to use in my artwork!