Monday, November 26, 2018

Some Fall Tags made with Creative Paperclay!






I love all the things about Fall but especially the leaves. Since I was having a Thanksgiving Dinner at my house this past Friday (the day after) I decided to make something that could be used for that.

Supplies Needed For This Project:

Creative Paperclay
Plaid Paints
Thread or hemp
Leaves
Paint brushes
Roller (optional)
Sealer


I had a lot of fun just walking around the house and down by the dock collecting leaves. Some weren't turned but still green and had fallen off the trees. We had such a strong wind today the leaves looked like rain falling down.

I began this project by rolling out my Creative Paperclay to approximately 1/4 inch and then using my metal circle cutter, I cut out several tags and used the bottom of a paint brush to make hanging holes in them. I then used a round dowel rod that I lightly dusted with baby powder to roll the leaf impressions into the clay.



Once I had all of the impressions made I pulled up all of the extra clay and let the tags dry. I left them a good 24 hours to dry with a fan on in the room. I then used Plaid Paints to give an antique brown to the leaves and tag and then added a little watered down orange to give a slight tint to the leaves. I then used some thick cotton cord/thread that I had in a dark brown to give them something to hang with. Then they need to be sealed. 


These don't have anything extra on them but you could use them as name tags for your guests or hang them on a Fall tree you have for decor. This project was so easy and simple to do that you could even get little ones to help with the project. 

I hope you enjoyed this project and that you go on over to the Creative Paperclay website and take a look at the different clays that they have and also all of the projects that they have for you to see. Check out all the amazing projects that are on this blog that are made by the other designers, there is some awesome talent on this blog! Please feel free to leave comments also, because I read everyone!

Barbara

6 comments:

Tabithah Woods said...

Looks great! You are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I need a few of those for decorating Christmas presents! When can I pick them up?
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Hey, I need a few of those for decorating Christmas presents! When can I pick them up?
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Hey, I need a few of those for decorating Christmas presents! When can I pick them up?
Marsha

Tabithah Woods said...

Very unique.

Unknown said...

Looks great!