Thursday, March 7, 2019

Fun Easter Altered Can

Hello everyone, how are you!  I wanted to get a fun project in early enough that you can spend some time in creating this for a special person in your life!  For this project I used:
  1. Delight product
  2. Flower mold (I used Stampin Up' mold, can use any)
  3. Pink cardstock, white cardstock, green cardstock, misc. colors cardstock
  4. Sizzix die cuts - flower, vine, and butterfly
  5. Punches - sun, border, egg or balloon punch (trimmed)
  6. Can of your choice (I used a coffee can)
This started as a thought, and by the time I was done, I was so excited to get it done!  My sister has
an Easter party every year where she has a big dinner and Easter egg hunt!!!!!  I asked for her favorite color - and this is what I ended up with!  I can't wait to share it with her, I love it so much I might have to make one for me kind of like it!

Directions:
Step one:  Using the Delight product and the mold you selected - create enough flowers and allow them to dry!  I used small flowers for the middle of the paper flowers, along with larger flowers to just place where they needed to be!
Step two:  Using the background paper - attach the background paper first.  I used a glue gun!
Step three: Using the border punch - punch 2 strips of the same size (2") for the bottom border.  They will overlap a bit as you attach them to the bottom of the can.
Step four:  Using the Sizzix machine - die cut the vines (6), 4 different colors of flowers (8 each color), and 2 butterfly's - set aside
Step five:  Punch the sun for the middle of the flower in coordinating colors, and some egg shape or balloon punches (cutting off the bottom to form an egg shape)
Step six:  Start to form the flowers - using 2 of the same color flower, with a coordinating middle piece, and we will add the dried flower molds a few steps down the line.  Keep repeating until all the flowers are done
Step seven:  Start to put the vines on - I did this part first to hide the background paper seams!  I then added the flowers so they went all around the can, with the eggs in between
Step eight:  After the molded flowers are dried completely - go around and add the smaller flowers to the middle of the flowers, and the larger flowers around the creation

I can't wait to get the rest of her package ready to mail - some fun bookmarks for her to give out - as well as cards!  This project just wouldn't be COMPLETE without Delight flowers!  Nice and soft to use, and doesn't take a long time to dry!  Find the perfect mold - grab some Delight and enjoy!

I hope you enjoy,
Lynda Jeffs
Lynda Jeffs Designs - formerly Memories in Tyme      

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

You made an article that is interesting.You are so amazing.