Thursday, March 21, 2019

Revisiting a Redo with Creative Paperclay®

Hello there! Jenn here sharing a revisited, re-done project from the past! 


This originally started as a plain glass cologne bottle as seen below....
If you are anything like me you are not always happy with every project you do or you stop in the middle...This is what happened with this poor bottle. I originally had painted it and readied it to be a rusty project and decided nahhh. So today I will show you how I turned it into this stunning iridescent bottle using Creative Paperclay® and Delight™!

First I added molded Creative Paperclay® and Delight™ flowers and faces.

I then coated the entire piece in heavy black gesso.

Finally I added iridescent waxes, sprays, and inks in an array of blues and purples to creat that oil slick look.

I created a stopper using a molded ornate piece and Delight™. I used a plastick stick to hold them together.

Supply List:
Black Gesso
An array of iridescent waxes, inks, and sprays
Molds
Glue

In the end I added some microbeads and glitter for a bit more lightness. I wanted to show both. 


Creative Paperclay® is moldable and sculptable!

Delight™ air dry modeling compound is lightweight when dry so it is great for creating projects such as these. It takes very well to inks and sprays when dried and gessoed as well.
Thanks so much for viewing my post today! I hope that you are inspired to give this amazing clay a try and create something amazing!
Creative Paperclay® and Delight™ are conveniently available for you to purchase online and at the below listed retailers.

Until Next time Stay Creative!



No comments: