Friday, May 27, 2022

How to Create a Ring Holder


Hello everyone! My name is Cinnamon Willis and I am going to show you how I created this ring holder!


Supplies:

Creative Paperclay®
Plier
Wire
Masking Tape
Sanding paper
Protective varnish or clear coat covering




First start off with shaping your wire with the pliers to get your armature started. I worked with a wire that was about 24 inches long so that I could twist and shape my armature without having to add more wire. I shaped the head and the arm first and then worked my way down to the base. Make sure that your rings/earrings will be able to fit over the head and arm




I took the remaining wire and shaped it into a circle at the bottom of the figure that I created. Once I was happy with the shapes, I covered them with masking tape




Once you have completely covered the armature with masking tape, begin adding clay on top of the tape. When you have a good amount of clay on the figure, set the piece aside so that it could dry before adding another layer of clay.



This is the first layer of clay that has dried, it is ready for another layer to further define the shape of the piece.




I am working up the shape with another layer of clay. This is the stage that you want to try to narrow down the shape of your piece. 




I am happy with how he is turning out. I used crystal clear to give it a layer of protection.



I was able to put my rings and hoop earrings over the head!.

Thank you all once again for stopping by, and I hope that you enjoyed today's tutorial! You can find Creative Paperclay® at the following retailers Creative Paperclay® Online Store, Michael's, Amazon, Joann's.

See more of my work at Melandolly.com, catch updates on 

my Instagram page and here is a link to my shop!







No comments: