Monday, August 28, 2017

Beach Therapy Canvas Featuring Creative Paperclay

Hi Friends:  Do you love the beach?  Do you like reminders of the great times you've had there? I know I do!  Here's a tutorial for creating a Beach Therapy mixed media canvas project using seashells made with Creative Paperclay® and some Wilton molds.



I love using Creative Paperclay® with molds in my mixed media projects because it is so easy to make clay accents to use on projects.  Just add the clay to the mold, pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to help it set, remove from the mold and let it dry for a day or 2.  Once dry, I can easily add them to my projects, paint them to match my design ideas, and create lovely mixed media canvases, cards, or other altered art items.

I used some yummy Prima paints and waxes, and lots of pearls, beads, and glitter on this project. It was so much fun to create the canvas, and I love how I used the sand paste with my Creative Paperclay® letters to create the effect of letters in the sand.  Here are some detail photos of the canvas:

Please see my video tutorial for full instructions for this project:





Supply List:
Creative Paperclay® Modeling Material
Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Sea Life (Amazon)
Wilton 2115-1561 Seashell Candy and Lollipop Mold (Amazon)
Wilton 417-7554 Alphabet & Numbers Fondant Cut-Outs Set (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Sparks-Ginger Magic (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Sparks-Magical Pond  (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Sparks-Butterfly Spells (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Sparks-Fairy Wings (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Sparks-Mermaid Sparkle (Amazon)
Ranger Paint Dabbers, Pearl Metallic (Amazon)
Deco Art Media Texture Sand Paste (Amazon)
Golden Fiber Paste (Amazon) Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel Medium (Amazon)
Liquitex Professional Gloss Heavy Gel Medium (Amazon)
Liquitex Gesso - White (Amazon)
Beacon 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue (Amazon)
Cousin Jewelry Basics Brown Seed Beads (Amazon)
Stampendous Glass Glitter (Amazon)
Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Distress Paint Kit-Rust (Amazon)
Darice Pearls - White - Assorted (Amazon)
EKTools Powder Tool (Amazon)
ArtMinds™ Wood Parenthesis Frame, 4" x 6 (Michaels)
A Touch of Glass Beads
Other:  8X10 canvas, glass gems and seed beads, grip shelf liner, cheese cloth

I hope you enjoyed my Beach Therapy canvas and learned a new way to use Creative Paperclay® on your mixed media projects. Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today.

Have a great, creative day! -Patti