Thursday, April 19, 2018

Upcycled Cherub Bottle


Hello there! Jenn here and I would like to share how I upcycled an old bottle into this beautiful decor using Delight™ air dry modeling compound from Creative Paperclay®!
This was so much fun and such a transformation!
I started with an ordinary old bottle as seen below.

I used a silicone mold to mold the cherub using Delight™ air dry modeling compound. This compound is very lightweight even after it dries and works very well for projects such as this.
While my little cherub was drying I gessoed the entire bottle with white gesso, allowed it to dry, and then added a script stencil to the back side using texture paste.
I also wrapped soft, bendable wire around the neck leaving the excess to add my butterfly later.
I added some script stamping using a dark brown ink and let it dry overnight.
Next day! I added my molded cherub to the front of the bottle. I coated her with white gesso.Using a matte gel medium that dries transparent, I added some art stones and mini art stones as seen.


After adding a few metal embellishments and gessoing them I allowed it to dry again. I used Colorique inks in Verdigris and Poppy mixed in water to apply color. I used these on the butterfly and heart as well. I added some bling around the neck and some flowers then applied the butterfly to the top wire. The cork was made using a rose embellishment attached to a small wooden thimble. I also added the little bird on chain to the stopper. For a glittery effect I brushed over the face and some of the bottle using DecoArt Pearlizing medium.




Supplies for this project:
Recycled glass bottle
White Gesso Texture Paste
Stencil
Stamp
Brown Inkpad
Colorique Verdigris
Colorique Poppy
DecoArt Pearlizing Medium
Metal embellishments
3d Matte Gel
Art Stones and Mini Art Stones
Metal Butterfly
Rhinestone Strand
Chain with charms
Small wooden Spool
Soft Bendable wire
Flowers
Glue gun

Creative Paperclay® and Delight™ are conveniently available for you to purchase online and at the below listed retailers.

Thank You So Much for visiting the blog and viewing my post today!! I hope that you create something fun and share it with us on Facebook!

Until Next Time, Happy Creating!!







3 comments:

Suzette Hussey said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!

Cindy said...

I absolutely love it! It's so beautiful and would make a beautiful decor piece.

kathleen codyrachel said...

I love this and have a few unusual shaped bottles - I want to do the dancer from the nutcracker - she has big skirt and lots of little ones under it! Yours is very inspiring- thank you❤