Thursday, February 20, 2020

Spring is coming

Spring is coming



Supplies needed:

2 16 oz packages of Creative Paper clay
8" X 10" canvas board
craft glue
rolling device ( I use a PVC tube)
rubber stamp
cookie cutter in 3 sizes
3 to 5 Styrofoam balls 1/2" to 1"
Bunny is my Peony pressmold
paper towel
knife

Paints:


I am showing how to make a background in paint, however in the end this step could have been eliminated as I changed my mind but thought if you plan to paint the piece you might like this info





Any three colors work, I used Decoart products


i scrape the paints over the canvas, I use those card that come in the mail then i can trash them lol



Then scrunch up a paper towel and blot


let dry


If you don't paint your canvas, this will be the beginning



 Roll out one package of 16 oz paper clay, about 1/4" thick or thinner. 



 big enough to cover your canvas


smear glue on edges of canvas


lay canvas on to rolled out paperclay



Cut off excess paper clay and save in plastic baggie for later


flip canvas over


Position cookie cutters where you want cut out


Cut out and remove excess clay, save for later


I then textured the piece, with rubber stamp and made some faux cracks with a knife


Let Dry


Dried piece my cracks showed up a bit more


roll out snake shapes for stems, lay in place, but don't attach 
just let dry


one dry i then added glue to back of all stems and attached


I made leaves, roll out tear dropped pieces and use knife to make marks on each leaf, I made different sizes 
again laid them in place and let dry, then attached with glue



I covered each of my little Styrofoam balls with 1/4" clay  



Marked the cent with the end of paint brush and cut out small circles and wrapped on to the clay covered ball and turned down the edge



Placed my roses and let dry and then glued in place
the large flower is just circle with lines drawn in and attached open 


the Bunny is my Peony pressmold 
you can always sculpt your own or leave bunny off

Gesso the entire piece
let dry


I spray painted the entire piece
and let dry



I sponged over piece with russet color paint then copper paint
let dry
then used patina antiquing medium, paint entire piece with it
let dry and wipe off areas so copper and rust show with a damp cloth or paper towel

hope you enjoy 







No comments: