Thursday, October 21, 2021

How to Make a Standing Bird

 



Hello and happy Friday everyone! This is Cinnamon here with you all today and I am going to show you how I created this bird. I had planned on making a raven at first but I ended up with something that looks more like a stork of some sort. Always work from reference pictures if you are dead set on what your project is going to be.

Supplies:

Creative Paperclay

Masking tape

Wire for armature

Acrylic paint

Exacto Knife

Needle nose pliers

Probond Elmer's Glue

Aleene's Tacky Glue

Feathers

Sealer





Take your wire and shape it into the shape of the bird that you would like it to be. Cover it with masking tape to create a base for you to add your clay.






Start adding the clay when you are done covering the wire with tape. Build it up in layers. Allow the first tacky layer to dry and come back to further bulk it out.






Keep building up the layers of the bird and allow it to dry in between stages.





When the layers are dry, smooth them down with sanding paper.






Take your wire and start shaping the feet with pliers. Make sure they are large enough to support the weight of the body





Here I am using a dental tool to make a hole in the dried clay to stick the legs into the bird. You can use whatever tool that you have available to make the holes.





Stick the Elmer's Probond glue into the holes so that you can set the legs in place





Set the legs in place and allow to dry





Start painting your piece with acrylic paint and set aside to dry.






Now prepare to set your feathers onto your piece.






Use your tacky glue here to glue the feathers onto the bird.





Here I glued some feathers onto the head, use as many feathers as you'd like





I glued a bigger feather in the back of the bird to make a tail.






And all done!



Thank you all once again for stopping by, and I hope that you enjoyed today's tutorial! You can find Creative Paperclay® at the following retailers Creative Paperclay® Online Store, Michael's, Amazon, Joann's.


See more of my work at Melandolly.com, catch updates on 

my Instagram page and here is a link to my shop!





No comments: