- Have slip handy and use it. Here a great blog post all about slip.
- Allow plenty of time for your projects to dry thoroughly—usually overnight, but it could be longer, depending on the thickness of your clay.
- You can speed up the drying time by heating your clay pieces in a 250° oven.
- Cornstarch is great for preventing the clay from sticking to work surfaces and molds.
- USE IT!! Play with it. Try something untried. You can't break the clay (while you're working with it, anyway ☺). If it's not what your want, just gather it into a ball and begin again.