Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lock and Key Pendant

Good morning and welcome to my last post for Creative Paperclay®.  I am so sad to be leaving the design team, but room needs to be made for some fresh talent.  Believe me though, this is not the last you've seen of me using the paper clay.  Since I have been on the team I have found a new love and this week I am also showing another new love...

First I started with a mold I had received from Articus Studios.  Being on this design team has given me LOTS of fabulous opportunities to try different things.

I have a passion about keys.  Especially skeleton keys and this mold had just a great variety.

I pressed my clay into the mold and let it set overnight.  The next day I pulled my keys and locks out and let them air dry the rest of the way.  I always leave my clay pieces in the mold overnight so as I do not distort them trying to get them out of the mold before they are at least 3/4 of the way dry.

Then I used an emery board and sanded the keys and locks.  I even have used my dremel to get inside those little openings.  Love this tool.

Here is my key and lock all dried and sanded.  Now came the other portion of my new found passion.  Our very own Terri Sproul has come out with a new product called Mixers.  It's so awesome...you just "mix" it into some crystal lacquer and it creates a paint like product.  As soon as Terri released them I bought some and told hubby how much I loved them.  For valentine's day he surprised me with the entire product line.  I was so excited and now I have so many colors to play with.  It will also last a very long time because you don't need very much of the "mixer" at all.  Anyway...I chose the "bronze" color and a dabble of 3d crystal lacquer and this is how my new necklace looks.
Now, again I did say this is my last post for Creative Paperclay®, but if you are so inclined to see more of my creations, hop on over to Creativity is Only a State of Mind and follow me over there.  I love having new friends.  I also want to send a huge shout out to Terri for having me on her DT and all the girls who I was on the team with.  They are all fabulous and I know her new DT will be just as grand.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the necklace and especially the lock and key! Great work!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Lyneen said...

Love the pendent... Creative Paperclay® ia so versatile!! Thanks for sharing.