Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tiny Cupcake Charms with Delight Clay and Terri Sproul Mixers

Hi! It's Jingle here with my final post as a design team member! I have so enjoyed being a part of this team and I truly hope I have inspired you in some way with my fun projects! For today, I'm going to share with you an adorable tiny cupcake charm created using the Delight Air Dry clay and Terri Sproul Mixers!

To begin, you will want to use the mixers to color your clay. Pull out three small balls of clay and flatten them slightly. Tap just a bit of the powder into the discs as shown.

Mixing Terri Sproul Mixers into Delight Clay


A little powder goes a long way! Also, be sure to have a rag handy to keep your hands clean between colors! Fold the clay over the powder and then simply work it with your hands until it is even in color throughout.

Delight Clay colored with Terri Sproul Mixers


You can even create custom colors by mixing them! This is a great way to make the most of your clay! Now, simply pull small bits of the clay to form the base, frosting, and flower on the cupcake.

Tiny Cupcake charm


Once the cupcake is formed, cut a jewelry finding to the correct size and insert into the top of the cupcake. Allow the charm to sit until it has fully dried and you have your very own cupcake charm! I have added a photo with the charm in my hand so you can see the true size.

Cupcake Charm (size)


Store the remaining dyed clay in plastic bags or an airtight container to use later on another project! Thanks for reading!

Feel free to visit me on my blog, Just Jingle!

Jingle Out.

3 comments:

pooky said...

how adorable!! i'm gong to miss your post:( good luck on your new ventures! Thanks for the inspiration:)

Debbie Buckland said...

That is sooo cute!
Wonderful tutorial too.

Cindy said...

That's just cute as a bug, eh cupcake! You are just so talented Jen! Gonna miss you here but I'll see you there.

Hugs XX
Barbara