Thursday, June 14, 2012

Weird and Wonky 80's Inspired Giraffe



Giraffes have a special place in the hearts of my family.  They were my late Mother in Law's favorite animal, and she collected everything giraffe related.    I used to love to find weird and wonky giraffes for her.  With Mother's Day passing recently, she has been on my mind.  So I thought that there was no better way to pay tribute to her than to make a giraffe.

The first thing I did was make a form.  I used aluminum foil, paper clips, toothpicks, and masking tape.









Then I started to cover the form with Creative Paperclay(R)





I put the giraffe aside to dry and started working on his boom box.

 Using Delight Air Dry Modeling Compound, I measured and cut a rectangle.





Next, using a lid from a glue stick I cut out circles for the speakers.

 Then I added the different pieces to make the boom box.
This is the finished boombox.  Once finished I set that aside to dry for 24 hours.




After the giraffe dried for 24 hours I added his mane and finished his arm.

Before I started the finishing touches, I set that aside for another 24 hours to dry.

After everything was dry I started the finishing touches.



Then I painted the Boombox.



Finally I painted the giraffe.



This is my final piece.

5 comments:

DocAngi said...

Fabulous!!!

DocAngi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crafty Loops said...

This is amazing. Really fabulous. Lee x

vicky rafael said...

Really great and awesome <3

vicky rafael said...

Great and awesome
<3