Monday, October 15, 2012

Elphaba - Mixed Media Art Doll

 Hey Everybody, It's Edie,

On my personal blog I am doing a 31 Days of Halloween series. Today is  Day 15.
Today's post was two and a half months in the making, but I think it was well worth all of the time, effort, restarts, errors and triumphs! Elphaba is a 3ft tall mixed media art doll and she was inspired by the play "Wicked." You can view the full video walk through below.

 

She started as a wire armature covered in aluminum foil, then I sculpted her entire body using Creative Paperclay®. Her hair is individual sections of wool roving.

 

Her dress and hat are both handmade using fabric scraps, ribbon and lace. Her base was made using a wire armature, covered in masking tape, covered in Spackle, covered in MORE masking tape. I painted and stamped inside the base, then I added chipboard gears and stitched in the chipboard clock.

There is even a light up inside her base that shines down on everything inside.

The flying monkey is a hand sculpted polymer clay face with a Creative Paperclay® body.

The shoes are plastic cake toppers coated in fine, iridescent glitter.

 

The crystal ball is a clear glass Christmas ball that has been painted with layers of glaze and alcohol ink. The base was once a candle holder that I painted black, then I created the holder with an old earring.

The Grimmorie is a wooden block from a stamp that I covered in tissue paper and painted.

The green glass bottle was also painted with layers of glaze, then I added a glitter flourish and alcohol inks to distress it.

 

I am very proud of how she turned out. I never thought in a million years that *I* would be able to create something like this.
Elphaba is for sale, so if you are interested in purchasing her you can leave me a comment and I will get you my email address. 
 

5 comments:

Genital estetik said...

Excellent post! I like this...Thanks for sharing!
Kızlık zarı
Genital estetik

Brenda said...

AMAZING!! Thank you :)

Domain reseller said...

I am totally impressed. good job in here. It's good to read about such things from time to time. I just wanted to tell you that you have great blog in here. And I wish you a good luck in always.
Domain reseller
cheapest domain reseller

Dawn Mercedes said...

Oooh lala...this will have to be displayed all year round! amazing!

Lyneen said...

WOW... what an amazing little witch!!!!