Today's Creative Paperclay ® mug project was inspired by the artistry of Ed Hardy.
Clay cutting tools
Dishwasher safe decoupage
Chalk board paint
Metallic red acrylic paint
White acrylic paint
White coffee mug
Silver acrylic marker
Black acrylic marker
1. Clean off the coffee mug with a cotton ball dipped in alcohol. Let it dry.
2. Apply painters tape to the top 1/2 inch of the mug.
3. Paint the mug and handle with chalk paint. Remove the tape and let dry.
4. Roll out a clay sheet then push the rubber stamp into the clay.
6. Lay the clay piece over the mug and put in a 175 degree oven for 45 min or until clay turns white and is dry.
7. When cool take the clay off the mug.
8. Sand and then wipe your clay piece down to remove any clay dust.
9. Paint the clay piece and let dry.
9. Seal the all sides of the clay with dishwasher safe decoupage.
10. Glue the clay piece on the mug.