HELLO! Halloween is just around the corner so I thought what better to make than a Halloween craft? I love creepy crafts, don't you?
These spell bottles are so easy to make and you can decorate them any way you choose. Here is the list of supplies:
Empty bottles and jars
- First you cover the bottle with paper clay, taking care to push down firmly so no air is trapped. Let that dry.
- When it is dry you add all the decorations such as the words and the eyeball, using some PVA glue of course.
- Put that aside to dry.
You can watch the video below to see how I did this.
Now its time to paint!
- Apply a coat of gesso. This seals the clay so it doesn't absorb all the paint.
- Paint the bottles in whatever color you choose.
- Apply a wash of black paint and a wash of red paint.
- Wipe off.
- Keep going until you are satisfied.
- Paint the eye on the Frog Eyes Bottle. I also added some brown stain and green paint to this one.
- When dry, varnish.
- Add any other embellishments you choose.
You can see how I painted my bottles in the video below.