Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm A Little Teapot Mini Canvas

This month the Creative Paperclay® design team paired up with Articus Studio and I have the CUTEST thing to share with you!!!!!

I chose the Dollie Dangles Flexible Art Mold, which makes six faces, three sets of feet /shoes, one set of hands, one purse and one crown. These pieces are the perfect size for making ATC’s, ornaments or adding to journal pages or cards. The mold even comes with a handy little chart that shows you approximately how much clay is needed for each space on the mold.



I am downsizing so I decided to take all of my wood mounted rubber stamps off of the wood to save on space. As soon as I picked up my teapot stamp, the song "I'm A Little Teapot" popped into my head. I had just received my Articus Mold in the mail and I immediately envisioned the little hands and head attached to the teapot!

I molded all of the pieces I needed out of Creative Paperclay® air dry modeling material and painted them with acrylic craft paint. I also created a teapot out of Creative Paperclay® by pressing a rubber stamp into rolled out clay. I added color to the canvas using Distress Ink, added embellishments and attached them to a 3 X 3 canvas with a flat screw and bolt. I left the bolt a little bit loose so the teapot can still be turned. I attached her legs and sealed the text with natural bee's wax. You can watch the full video tutorial below :D









Isn’t she soooooooooooo cute?! I plan to make several more of these because I just LOVE the way she turned out.

You can see more of my work by visiting my blog.

ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

This is so sweet! I used the same mold for my International Postcard swap--it's fun to see how differently it can be used!

pooky said...

Adorable! Nice job!