Friday, September 27, 2019

How to Create a Mummy for Halloween!




Hello everyone! My name is Cinnamon Willis and I am going to show you how I created this mummy! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I dress up every single year! Read on to see the steps I took to make this guy below!
  • Supplies:
  • Creative Paperclay®
  • Acrylic paint
  • Sanding paper
  • Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
  • Gauze
  •  Wire to build an armature with, can be aluminum
  • Pliers






Start out with bending the wire into the shape that you want your piece to be. Secure by wrapping the wire around the parts that join together.





Cover your wire armature with masking tape. Bend the wire and put it into the final position of how you would like your piece to be posed. When you are done covering the armature with tape and positioning it, begin placing the clay onto it.





Keep building up the clay on the piece layer by layer allowing each to dry first before adding a new clay onto it. If you want to smooth out your piece, sand the top layer of clay.





I decided to paint the piece with black paint because I wanted it to look like the mummies shown in the cartoons of the 80's. You could choose any color that you would like!





Get your medical gauze and cut it into thin strips. Begin to wrap it around the piece and use a small dab of Aleene's tacky glue to keep it in place. Make sure to wrap it where parts of the painted piece peeks out from under the strips of gauze.





Leave some pieces of the gauze hanging loose to make it seem as if the mummy is in motion or unraveling. Take a photo of your creation and share it with us on Instagram with the hashtag #creativepaperclay!

Thank you all once again for stopping by, and I hope that you enjoyed today's tutorial! You can find Creative Paperclay® at the following retailers Creative Paperclay® Online Store, Michael'sAmazon, Joann's.
See more of my work at Melandolly.com and be sure to catch updates on my Instagram page


No comments: