Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Project with Creative Paperclay® and Viva Las Vegas Stamps!

 

I hope that everyone had a Very Merry Christmas and got to enjoy special time with loved ones. I had a wonderful Christmas and still have one of our sons and his wife and one of the children still visiting with us. I did however take a little time out to make a couple of pieces today using Creative Paperclay® and Viva Las Vegas Stamps. I lost a couple of pictures along the way but I think you’ll get the idea. To start with I used:

AMP MOLD PUTTY VLVS PAPERCLAY 005

Yep, Creative Paperclay® and Viva Las Vegas Stamps. After kneading the clay a bit to condition it, I rolled it out pretty thin(1/4 inch) with a fondant roller that I use. I then dusted my stamp with powder and placed it over the clay. I used my roller to roll the stamp into the clay and then lifted it off of the clay. Using an X acto knife I trimmed the excess clay from around the stamped image and set the clay aside to dry.

Once the clay was dry I used acrylic paints and glitter to color and enhance it and here’s what I ended up with:

AMP MOLD PUTTY VLVS PAPERCLAY 009

AMP MOLD PUTTY VLVS PAPERCLAY 014

Didn’t that turn out just beautiful? Trust me, the pictures don’t do it justice. While I was working on this combo of Creative Paperclay® and Viva Las Vegas Stamps I also used the same process to create another piece:

AMP MOLD PUTTY VLVS PAPERCLAY 015

AMP MOLD PUTTY VLVS PAPERCLAY 017

Isn’t this second stamp unusual? I love it! I’m going to use this in a mixed media piece. Please leave me a comment and let me know how you like these projects. Isn’t it great how you can use stamps to create something totally new with the paperclay? Stay tuned in for an upcoming blog hop that’s going to be coming up!

Hugs to you, Barbara

4 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Both the ornament and the embellishment are fantastic! They'd liven up any mixed media piece!

Proxxon Tools said...

great project, I been think about ordering that face stamp

Debbie Buckland said...

Great work on both of them

Lyneen said...

I too have been thinking about getting that face... love your projects!