Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Delightful Eggs with Viva Las Vegastamps!


Link
This month, Creative Paperclay® Modeling Material has had the chance to play with Viva Las Vegastamps! When I was picking out my stamps, I had a mixed media piece in mind, with a chicken theme. I have to admit, it just didn't turn out how I planned, so I made a fun card with my own egg embellishments.

I used the Children with Cat and Chickens stamp. I love how it looks like a vintage photo, but it really is a stamp! To make my eggs, I rolled out some Delight™ Air Dry Modeling Compound into an egg shape, let it dry a little bit, and then, sliced the back off so it would lie flat on my card.
I colored the eggs with Distress Stains, and after that was dry, covered them with Sakura Crystal Lacquer. These eggs could be really fun for your spring and Easter projects too! The Delight™ really is a delight to work with - it's very light weight, snow white and clean to mold. I love working with it!

I think it's cool when one idea doesn't work out the way that you think it will, but it leads you to something new on your creative journey.

3 comments:

Lyneen said...

Great post... love your eggs!!!

Cindy said...

Oh those eggs are just so cute!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Debbie Buckland said...

I really can't believe that is a stamp! How awesome!
Great work and your eggs look so real