Monday, May 28, 2012

Having a little fun with Creative Paperclay®, Delight Clay!

 

I’ve been wanting to try doing some simple figures using Creative Paperclay, Delight Clay. Delight Clay is different than Creative Paperclay@ in that it’s whiter and it’s lighter. Delight Clay is also safe  for children to use and with Summer you may want to have some fun creative time with the children.  I started out by coloring the clay and dividing it into pieces for different parts of the rabbit that I decided to do.

5-28-12 paperclay1           5-28-12 paperclay2 I shaped and put pieces together until I had this:

5-28-12 Creative Paperclay 003                        5-28-12 Creative Paperclay 004  I then got busy with the other colored clay that I used adding features to the rabbit.

5-28-12 Creative Paperclay 006                     5-28-12 Creative Paperclay 005  How do you like my finished rabbit? I’m going to make some other animals too, now that I’ve got the hang of it, plus I’ve got a book on polymer clay people that I do believe I can use Delight Clay or Creative Paperclay® instead of now that I know how to color it. I just love this stuff! There are just soooo many ways to use it.  By using simple shapes, even children can get in on the act of creating with clay.

Barbara

No comments: