One thing about just starting out using Creative Paperclay, it is a very easy - fun product to work with, and I've learned a few things along the way! A few of them include:
- Don't bite off more than you can chew WITHOUT (and I am stressing without) researching a bit first as to how you can accomplish said "task"! Some of the projects I have made, might look a bit better if would have thought things out a bit better or more!
- Grab all of your supplies first...think ahead as to what you are creating for the supplies you will need to accomplish it! Add to it a wet cloth of some sort, a dry cloth, as well as a cup of water to smooth your clay out!
- Find a space for everything you need to create with, and put it all together! Have a "toolbox" of basic supplies - a ruler, Xacto knife, a straw (great for creating holes), sand paper, molds, something to roll the clay with to name a few!
- With your favorite molds and stamps, try to create a few images you use a lot of ahead of time, this way it saves time for drying!
- Make the time to create and learn something new...even if you are just starting out. Create something at least every few weeks...in order to keep expanding your knowledge base!
- Above all, have fun...if you mess something up, then start over, reusing the same product! Don't worry about what everyone is has created/is creating - get inspiration and create!
Thanks for stopping by,
Creative Paperclay Design Team
and Memories in Tyme