Sunday, May 17, 2015

Creative Paperclay Frames by Lynda


I love having my spaces look nice, especially my desk space at work!  If I have to be some place for 8 hours a day, I want things to have a good look and feel!  Today's project - is a great piece to add to my own work space, which will be the beginnings of a few pieces all created to match!  Another thing I love, is having pictures around me - that is why I scrapbook in the first place; with this project - I got the best of both worlds for sure!!!

**TIP**  To make your pieces completely flat, cut a piece a bit larger than what you actually need, and flatten the whole area again.  This way, it is all the same dimension the entire piece after you cut out the shape.  

Supplies to use:
Creative Paperclay product
Flower molds of your choice (Stampin' Up flower molds retiring here)  
Paint - (I used Twinkling H2O's African Jade and Rose Gold and white craft paint)
Alphabet letters (your choice - I used Cricut Ashlyn's Alphabet cartridge)
Die cut vine (your choice - I used Sizzix Vine)

Tools needed for this project:
Die cut shape of frame - (I used Sizzix frame die cut)
Xacto knife
Rolling pin
Sandit's product

Directions:  

Flatten out the clay to the thickness you want for your frame.  Using a template you create, make your frame - making sure to cut the inside out!  

Allow Creative Paperclay frame to dry fully, checking out the pieces as they dry.  Try to flip them over at least every 6-12 hours to dry on both sides.  Using the Sandit's, sand the piece to make it smooth!  



    






Paint the frame white (or any other color you want to work with) at least 2 coats.  Allow to dry between coats for better coverage!   

After you mold the flowers and let them dry, paint them in your choice of paints and colors like the next 2 photos! 
 

After flowers have dried, add the vine, and place the vine from the corner, and the flowers on top!  


















Add the title at the bottom using your choice of titles!

I love how this turned out - and will make sure to share the others I am making using this same technique!  I just got a few more photos - so I can create a few more frames for my desk!  I hope you have enjoyed this piece - I love how it turned out, and can't wait to see my family every day!  
Thanks for stopping by, 
Lynda Jeffs
Creative Paperclay Design Team
  
  

2 comments:

Caty said...

Very beautiful yours frames !!! Love the flowers! so great ! Big hugs.

Annmakes said...

very neat idea