It is fairly simple and both beginners and kids (with adult supervision) should be able to manage it. If kids do it, take care with the hot glue gun and acrylic paints/varnish.
The items you need are very basic. You can find a full list below. You can find Creative Paperclay® online at Creative Paperclay Co and also at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Dickblick and Amazon.
- Creative Paperclay®
- An old paintbrush
- acrylic paint - these are what I used. You can choose whatever colors you like.
- Americana Multi-surface Paint Coffee Bean
- Golden Fluid Acrylic Burnt Umber
- Golden Fluid Acrylic Quinacridone violet
- Golden Fluid Acrylic Interference Oxide Green
- Golden Fluid Acrylic Carbon Black
- Golden Fluid Acrylic Titanium White
- Pebeo Acrylic Peking Red
- Pebeo Acrylic Leather
- chalk pastels (optional)
- white glue
- jute twine
- a small piece of fabric
- sculpting tools
- glue gun and glue sticks
Follow along in the video below to make your masterpiece.
If you prefer you can also watch the video on YouTube.
You can share your creations with us on our Facebook page. We would love to see them! For more inspiration have a look around the blog. There are tutorials for many levels using Creative Paperclay®. You can also visit my blog www.papermachepatch.com. If there is anything in particular you would like me to make a tutorial for just leave a note in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!