Sunday, December 1, 2019

Making a Primitive Snowman using Creative Paperclay

                                             



Making a Primitive Snowman using Creative Paperclay 

Hello everyone!  I am finally here with the finished tutorial!
I first just want to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers in our time of need. They picked me up and I was bolstered by those who shared their experiences to reassure me.  I would like to share a little here as ya’ll have given me so much comfort.

Mark has not had another seizure and will be back to his Neurologist this week.  As far as any more manipulations of his spine and muscles will have to be performed under anesthesia with a Dr. present.  We can’t cost him any more seizures in trade for his treatment!  I will let them all know (medical persons) that this is the way it has to be…so says this mama and former nurse!  He is not tolerating the treatment, obviously.

Please continue to keep Mark in your prayers and thoughts as we continue to get to the bottom of his pain.  I’m sure you already are, as I have the very best followers on the planet!!!  Thank you!

Now!  Here Is the Tutorial!  Please follow the link as it is too long for blogger to post.  It is a link to my U-tube channel.




 Supply list                              

Sculpting
*Creative Paperclay® (Check craft stores or online)
Your two hands
*Glass cutting board (must have a smooth side)
**Small bowl of water
*4” Styrofoam® egg (any craft store or online craft store)
*2” Styrofoam ball (same as above)
*1/4” X 4” dowel
* glue gun (I use Hot)
*Damp Folded paper towel (on which to preserve extra clay)
*Damp cloth to keep unpackaged clay from getting dry
*Baby wipes to help keep hands from getting “caked” with clay and to wipe down your surface
*Sculpting tools (Ebay, Amazon - basic set)
*9-10 mm jingle bell (for embedding placement at a later step)
*A 6-7 mm and a Three 3mm black half pearl (I bought a pkg. of mixed sizes (I think I found them on Etsy) for marking eyes and mouth
*Long Straight pin or corsage pin (cutting tool and other uses) I found mine on Etsy.

Sanding
*Sanding Sponges (find on Kemper Dolls website) Personally I like the   blue ones in several grits
*Damp cloth for wiping (Helps to keep sanding dust contained and smooths clay surface

Painting
*Paint brushes (to start, a prepackaged set is fine)
*Small caps or medicine cups for paint pots
*Acrylic craft paint orange and off-white paint
*Small caps or medicine cups for paint pots
8*Acrylic craft paint orange and off-white paint

                                   Staining & Varnishing
*Min-Wax gel stain in Aged Oak (Home Depot in the 8oz size)
*Exam gloves (any drug store) you don’t want stain under your fingernails
* One disposable one I” wide foam paint brush
*Dry Wipe rags about 6-8” square (I cut up one of my husband’s old T-shirts!  Uh-Oh…here comes trouble….)
*Plenty of Q-tips
*Water soluble varnish in matte or satin (I use Delta Ceramcoat matte interior varnish)
                                           Glittering
*Gallon Baggy
*White glue (dilute slightly with H20 if too thick)
*Glitter (I used Recollections Snow {white} and Diamond Dust gold-ultra fine)
*Blue painter’s tape (to cover carrot nose while glittering)

                Embellishment and Mounting

*1 and ½ inch red miniature tinsel
*Two 6-7 mm black half pearls and Three 3 mm black half pearls
*Three 9-10 mm Jingle Bells
*Scarf or ribbon of choice
* Very thin rusty wire (about 22-24 gauge)
* 5” snips or scissors
*charm or clay “pop-out” mold for chest embellishment
*4 inch, beveled wooden plaque
*Black craft paint
*Super glue

Creative Paperclay Snowman Tutorial 11-27- 2019
Hi Everyone!!!  I am writing to tell you about my next Creative 
               
My Best Always,


Carly

No comments: