Tuesday, June 14, 2011

PaperClay "Refrigerator Magnet"

Good morning all-

Today I would like to welcome you to another Creative Paperclay project.  I have been having such a great time making things and experimenting with all different types of projects using paper clay.  Today I am showing you how to make a refrigerator magnet.

I rolled out my paper clay

 I cut a strip approximately 1 inche wide by about 12 inches long.  It really depends on how big you want your ribbon to be.
 I then formed the ribbon.  I had to cut a bit out of the inside so that it didn't bunch up when forming
 After the ribbon was formed I did add a bit of white glue to the strip to keep it in place.  I also textured the ribbon with an outside edge.
 After it dried I basecoated it in a white glossy acrylic paint.  Then after that dried I painted the ribbon pink.  Do you see the texture a bit better here?
 I attached a piece of magent to the back of the ribbon and now I can hang it on my refrigerator.
 Isn't it just cool?  I might add the word "Hope" to the ribbon with vinyl.  Let me know what you think.
You can see more of my creations using all different types of mediums here.

1 comment:

debbieluttrell said...

Cute idea- you could paint it to represent whatever cause you wanted.