Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baby Duckies and Creative Paperclay Delight®

 

I have been having fun making little duckies today! I also created a small gift/memory box for a baby boy. I happen to have a great-grandson on the way and thought now would be a good time to start making things for him. Smile…… I started out with an ice cube mold that had lots of duckies and filled each one with Delight Clay.

Paperclay post 3-28-12 001

Pretty neat little duckies aren’t they? I covered several of the ducks with yellow paint and they really looked cute. I then took a paper mache’ box and decoupaged some tissue on it. Hmm, didn’t like the way it was looking so I pulled out the trusty Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers and painted the bottom with Aquamarine. The top of the box was painted around the outside with Extreme Glitter Paint and the top had a piece of scrapbooking paper decoupaged on it. I then used some letters to spell out “baby boy” and glued some of my ducks onto the top of the box. I love how it turned out! I think I’m going to use some of the other duckies in my Easter decorating!

Paperclay post 3-28-12 002    Paperclay post 3-28-12 008

Creative Paperclay and the Delight Clay are just so easy to use and they are so versatile. What do you think? Do ya think you need to get you some? Hmmm? I think so and give it a try.

barbara

2 comments:

pooky said...

Peeps!!! Too cute:)

Lyneen said...

The little duckies are so cute... perfect for the little box!!