Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tips by Memes Art Place!

Hello................. Creative Paperclay® followers!
It's me, Donna from Memes Art Place.

Today I have some tips for you!
I get asked all the time "How do I start?"-"What should I use as a base?"


I always say "Just try it and see if it works" - No harm can be done! Using Creative Paperclay® is really easy and fun! You can use Creative Paperclay® in so MANY ways!

Here is a $2 find! It is a compact mirror.
Pop off the top and you have a great base. 

How easy is that? You create a circle plate with the piece you just popped off. Then you can make impressions in the Creative Paperclay® or maybe make a pair of lips on it. (that would be fun and cute!)


We all see these paper mache' ornaments. Most of the time after Christmas you can pick these up for 25¢!
You can use this as a ornament for any season not just Christmas, think outside the box.


 I see a cute fairy body. Add some legs and arms and of course a head. How about those wings we just saw in yesterdays post by Gloriann Irizarry! You can see them here!

I see a Bumble Bee!
And some awesome wings! Oh, and a great big stinger!


This base could be a Basket! Add some handles. 


How fun would this be to add Creative Paperclay® to this paper mache' dress form. You could then dress her in her new gown using Creative Paperclay® to design it. Want tips on how to do that? Again, our Design Team member Gloriann Irizarry has tips to do that! You can see that here!

 My niece found this and thought I could do something with it. Hmmmm? I thought about it and thought how cool this would be if I build a top to go on it and use it to put plants under. Or even build scenes under it for different seasons or holidays! This is going to be a fun one!

  • So you don't always have to start with tin foil or wire armatures. You don't have to be intimidated by having to build that armature. Start easy and have fun trying new things. Keep your eyes open for many different items you could use!
Thanks for stopping by!

Let me know if you have some ideas for me! I would love to hear your great suggestions! Leave me a message and let me know if you have something for me to try!

If you would like to see what I am up to, visit me at Memes Art Place!


No comments: