Thursday, August 28, 2014

Jeepers, Creepers, Peepers

While cruising the web the other day and I came across glass and plastic eyeballs and thought I could make them with Creative Paperclay®.  I probably should have practiced doing bigger ones first however these are very inexpensive to create and don't require shipping.

Supplies:
Creative Paperclay®
Amazing Molding Putty
Paint
Liquitex Pouring Medium
Tools for holes
 
I started with two equal amounts of clay and these two things (sockets)  I found in my husband's garage. They made great indents leaving a circle in the middle for the pupil. Thing about what you have around the house that can make these shapes.

When the clay dried, I painted the pupil and iris.

After this dried I added some pouring medium to the indented area. This looks white but will dry clear. When dry it looks like the finished eyeball in the first picture.

Option: You can do a thin first pour and add detail when it is dry. Then do a second pour. This will give you even more depth in the iris.
 
Enjoy another technique for your art arsenal! —Darlene Olivia McElroy

1 comment: