Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Creative Paperclay Tips by Lynda


Big project or small - Creative Paperclay is one of the funnest things you can use to create your own type of projects whether you craft in general or you create scrapbooks and cards!  I can't wait to get done with my creamer so I can create a fun ghost out of the container for Halloween!  I use it for my scrapbooking embellishments, for magnets, and for decorations!  You should see the project I am finishing up right now - a container to put all of my medicine in, that is attractive to put on my desk!!! Working with this fun stuff, I have a few tips to get you started if you are new at it!


  1. Find a box or container of some sort where you can put all of your stuff in, it makes it easier when you are working on things.  I use a container from Jack In The Box when I had a salad!  Simply clean it out and you have a container that can go with you!  
  2. Make sure you have a few Ziploc style bags, either sandwich bags or the larger size to put your clay in if you have any left over.  This way - you can use a small portion when you need to, while saving the rest for later on!  
  3. Let water be your best friend when you are using the clay to create with! Don't be afraid to make mistakes and start over if something is not looking the way you want it to!  
  4. If you want inspiration - simply go back through this blog and you will get a ton of inspiration from past and present design team members that you can create yourself! 
  5. Most importantly - HAVE FUN!  
My supplies are in a container where I can take it outside on the table if I want to work on things outside, or on an appointment if I need to mold a few flowers!  I hope you have enjoyed my tips for today...catch me in two weeks where I will actually have a video of how I made my box to put my medicine in!
Lynda Jeffs
Creative Paperclay Design Team 

No comments: