Friday, April 10, 2015

Roses

Hello, Ann here today from the AnnMakes blog over at http://annmakes.blogspot.com, and for the Design Team here at Creative Paperclay®.  I tried something new to me recently and I liked it so I am sharing it with all of you!

I tried using the Creative Paperclay® to add dimension to a canvas with a stencil.  Guess what?  It worked.  So here it is.

I painted the canvas with some acrylic  paint and let it dry.  I used a thick plastic stencil of a rose and spread the Creative Paperclay®over it.  I made sure that the clay did not overlap the edges of the stencil and I took the time to press down on the clay to make sure it was sticking to  the canvas.  I gently removed the stencil by using a sharp edge tool to keep the clay from staying stuck to the inside rides of the stencil.  I let the Creative Paperclay® air dry completely over night.


The following day I sanded the the rose with "Sandits" sanding sticks, blew off any dust and then painted.  To colour the rose I used Twinkling H2O water color luminescent paints by "Colourate".


I wrote out a quote, inked the edges with distress inks, and adhered with gel medium.

Products used:
Creative Paperclay® air dry modelling material http://www.paperclay.com
Canvas
Acrylic Paint
Gel Medium
Ink
Sandits (sanding sticks) http://shop.sandits.com
Water colors, H2O's Twinkling by Colourarte www.colourarte.com
in: Pretty Peridot, Wild Vine, Coral Berry, Poppy Red, Sunset Glow, and Peppermint Taffy.

I hope I have inspired you to look at this wonderful medium in a new way.  Have fun making your own creations.  Please come by my blog to see what other projects I am into.

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: