Hello Crafty People! I've started creating my Halloween Costume. I will be a mermaid (with a little twist of course). The first piece of the costume is a decorative belt.
Creative Paper Clay
Mold N Pour, Color Mist: Stream - Ranger Ink
Glimmer Mist: Suede - Tattered Angels
Colorful Glossy Cardstock: Deep Sea - Murdock Country Creations
Other: Velcro, Clear Acrylic Spray Sealant, faux pearl beads, sea shells
1. Create various molds of real shells with Mold N Pour.
2. Cast multiple Creative Paper Clay molds of each shape, except only 1 starfish is needed for the belt. Let air dry completely.
3. Using a wet brush and a bit of water, brush the shells with Stream Color Mist then spritz with Glimmer Mist.
6. Trim to size for the waist and add Velcro for the closure.
7. Find the front center of the belt and lay flat. Hot glue the Starfish into the center and work outward on both sides, gluing shells into place.
8. Glue pearl beads as a filler between the shells and a small swirl off to each side.
9. Spray the entire project with clear sealant. Let dry.
Make art every day :o)