Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Halloween wreath using paperclay embellishments

Good morning friends

Today I want to share a project that was super easy and fun involving some more cookie cutters.  I just love working with it for embellishments for my scrapbooking but this time I used the paper clay to make pumpkins for a wreath.

Here are my step by step instructions, kinda picture heavy.
Just roll you paper clay like usual.  The thickness depends 
totally on you and how thick you want you embellishment to be.
Then just cut it out with your cookie cutter.
I picked this one up at Michaels in the 
Halloween section for $.99
I also cut out some circles that I will turn into buttons.
Now let them dry...again, drying time depends on 
the thickness of them.  These dried in about 4 hours.
Then I painted them with standard acrylic paints.
I used a stamp with embossing ink to stamp my button
and then embossed it my black embossing powder
just gives it a really cool effect.  Now you can
make ANY button to your hearts content.
Then I embellished the pumpkin with google eyes,
cardstock nose and mouth cut with my E-Craft 
and some silk leaves just for a more dramatic affect.
Now I started with a free frisbee we got at the
sportsman's show at the beginning of summer and
wrapped it with sparkly purple ribbon.
Wreath...
I made some stick pins and added them behind some
silk flowers that I took apart and hot glued to the wreath.
I added some glass tiger eye blobs to the center and
used my new "glitter gelly roll" pen to give accent
to the purple flower petals.  Really sparkly!!!
I hot glued 4 pumpkins around the wreath.
and added some Halloween colored
glass ornaments to more of the same
purple ribbon and hot glued one of
my homemade buttons to the center.


Isn't this just cute?  Well, I think so anyway.  I hope you liked my Creative Paperclay project today.  I hope I've inspired you to create your own embellishments and make something with them using some Creative Paperclay.  You can purchase Creative Paperclay here or you can even get it at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.